Friday, December 8, 2017

I Live for Furs!

A fantastic scene by Marc Davis, who ended up animating all of Cruella's footage in 101 Dalmatians.
Leading up to this moment, Cruella tried to interact with Pongo, who fiercely growls at her. 
Anita, in an attempt to avoid a dangerous situation, tries to get Cruella's attention away from Pongo.
"Cruella, isn't that a new fur coat?"
"My only true love, darling." (The following scene: "I live for furs, I worship furs!")

I love the way Cruella lifts up the heavy coat and buries her face in it, # 25. This is a great example of referencing some live action footage and then going to town with it by greatly exaggerating the idea that this crazy woman is truly nuts about fur coats.





















6 comments:

  1. Wonderful drawings... in these I realize that her facial design has a little touch of Hirschfield... the Gulbransson´s DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I see Cruella I think of the Lady in Red by Otto Dix.
    Cruella is soooo thin and her furs is so big!
    Because of her bony head and her tall fingers she looks in her throat like a spider in a cocoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is one scary lady. She's like a spider waiting for the kill, look out for Cruella De Vil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know he did all of Cruella! wow!
    Here are the drawings assembled into video form
    https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/42314

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a problem with that upload, here it is again https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/42372

      Delete
  5. I love how massive that coat is, and yet when it opens, you see how stick-like Cruella's body is.

    ReplyDelete